This may be the first time you hear about a parasite cleanse, or you could be considering going on one. With the heightened alarm about global health and food safety, interest in boosting the immune system and cleansing the body also shot up. One such topic of interest is the parasite cleanse.
Common Parasite Infections in the USA
While parasitic infections are more commonly observed in developing nations, there are also a significant number of cases in the USA. Some of the most prevalent ones are:
- Trichomoniasis is an inflammation of the vagina and/or urethra. It’s transmitted via sex by a parasite called Trichomonas vaginalis. About 3.7 million suffer from this infection, but only about a third of those show any symptoms.
- Toxoplasmosis has symptoms similar to the flu. Around 60 million people have Toxoplasma gondii infection, but only a few show symptoms. This infection usually goes away naturally but can cause encephalitis and other developmental issues.
- Chagas Disease can be caught via the bite of a “kissing bug” or, more specifically, the Trypanosoma cruzi parasite. It affects around 300,000 people. This disease causes life-threatening heart and digestive problems.
- Tapeworm and Roundworm infestation are some of the most common. More than 1,000 tapeworm cases are reported each year. Roundworms, on the other hand, are contracted through dogs and cats. About 14% of all the people in the USA have or are suffering from roundworm infestation.
Signs of Parasite Infection
So how do you know if you could be harboring a parasitic infestation? Here are the most common symptoms:
- Mental and physical troubles like headache, fatigue, insomnia, mental fog
- Digestive issues like nausea or vomiting, diarrhea or constipation, gas, bloating, and stomach pain
- Skin issues like rashes
- Weight loss that isn’t intentional or explanable
- Presence of worms in stool
What is a Parasite Cleanse?
As the name suggests, a parasite cleanse is a form of cleansing diet that targets the extermination of parasites in the body. There is a lot of parasite cleanses sold online and in local stores. Most of these include potent antioxidant components from well-known anti-parasitic plants.
Plants that are said to have parasite-killing properties
On top of these, turmeric, ginger, and garlic are also very popular additions to a parasite cleanse diet. As the goal is to kill the parasite and ease the infection, these three herbs are a great choice for their anti-inflammatory properties.
Getting to “expel” the parasites is also a goal, so supplements that clean the gut – like probiotics – are also part of this diet.
Note, however, that most of these plants have minimal scientific study backing them up as legitimate anti-parasitic cures.
Should You Go on a Parasite Cleanse?
A parasite cleanse diet and supplements may help those actually suffering from parasitic infestation. But if you aren’t, then the diet doesn’t make much of a difference.
If you check more than one of the common parasite infection symptoms, schedule a doctor visit. While it is possible that the parasite infection clears up over time, don’t leave it as is if you’re feeling something off. Go to a medical professional. You will likely be prescribed with a scientifically tested antiparasitic medication.
Your Next Move
As they say, the best cure for any disease is prevention. If you test negative for parasite infection, maintain your clean bill of health by developing healthy habits like:
- Good hygiene practices like proper hand-washing
- Thoroughly cooking your meat
- Getting regular heart rate-elevating exercise
- Always including fiber-rich organic vegetables in your meals
- Going on a full-body detox cleanse regularly
Don’t know where to start? Try our 21 Day Full Body Cleanse. This program can thoroughly cleanse your system of harmful toxins, which could be the reason behind you not feeling 100%.
On this program, you’ll get 30 days’ worth of professional-grade supplements to cleanse your system and sustain you. You’ll also have easy-to-follow exercise videos to help you sweat the toxins out. Get free recipes for healthy and delicious meals as well as two health ebooks for motivation and inspiration. All throughout the 21 days, you’ll also have access to expert support seven days a week.
A healthy immune system is vital in protecting you against diseases, parasite-induced and otherwise. Build a good foundation for your health by boosting your natural defenses. Try out our 21 Day Full Body Cleanse today!