Don’t throw away alfalfa roots!
Alfalfa is an Arabic word meaning “father of all foods.” This plant got its nickname because of its roots, which burrows up to 30 feet deep into the soil, gathering minerals that aren’t available on the surface.
Vitamins in Alfalfa
- A: Keeps you seeing clearly at night, fight infections, helps you grow and have healthy skin, and is also important for a healthy pregnancy
- B6: Aids digestion and metabolizing fat and protein, keeps your nerves and skin healthy, and neutralizes nausea
- K: Important contributor to healthy liver function and blood clotting, and is said to help you live longer
- D: In charge of keeping phosphorus and calcium in optimal levels, and also contributes to strong teeth and bones
Minerals in Alfalfa
- Potassium: Helps digest fat and keep your muscle tone
- Calcium: Strengthens teeth and bones, aids in blood clotting and endurance, keeps your heart rhythm regular and your nerves relaxed
- Iron: For hemoglobin production and oxygen in your blood
What Studies Say
Throughout history, you can find records of alfalfa being used as an herbal medical treatment. From the ancient Turks to the Chinese to Native Americans, this legume was a staple cure for various illnesses as well as a cooking ingredient. Today, modern science found that alfalfa:
- Purifies your blood and liver
- Reduces pain from arthritis
- Increases your body’s alkalinity
- Promotes healthy digestion and bowel movement
Did you know that alfalfa has more protein content than beef? Yep, this wondrous plant has 18.9% compared to beef, which contains 16.5%, eggs 13% and milk 3.3%. If you’re following the Keto lifestyle and would like to incorporate more plant-based foods in your diet, you can switch some of your meats to alfalfa. It’s definitely keto-friendly, so no need to worry about consuming unwanted carbs!
But the best way to maximize the benefits of alfalfa is to optimize your body for absorption. A detox cleanse like our Keto Cleanse will help you flush away toxins from your cells, readying them for all the incoming vitamins and minerals.
This cleanse program gives clear and precise instructions on following the Ketogenic diet. It also includes exercise videos and healthy recipes that are easy to follow! On top of the professional-grade supplements, you’ll also get expert support 7 days a week.
Make the most of your journey to better eating – start the Keto Cleanse today!