Body Cleanse – Detox Program - 21 Day Body Makeover
Things to do to Lose Weight and Keep it Off
Weight maintenance should be a part of any weight loss journey. When you want to know the things to do to loose weight, it’s essential to also know how to keep this weight off.
Why you are gaining weight
Age: in our twenties we are better equipped to metabolize and burn energy at a more rapid rate. As we get older, this process slows down.
Poor eating habits also affect the way our metabolism react. Find energy blasting foods and avoid foods like bread.
- Simple carbohydrates, and gluten, will often make you sluggish and deplete the energy you need for exercise.
Exercise that is created for weight loss is based around raising your heart rate.
Weight training is also an essential part to burning calories. All you need is thirty minutes up to four times a week consistently.
Cardio gets boring for some people. If you’re tired of long runs on the treadmill, try doing high intensity cardio and aim for twenty to thirty minutes.
- Blasting through the intervals will keep your metabolism going long after the workout is complete.
- Think about running, swimming, jumping rope and doing these exercises in a much shorter duration. Time yourself.
Don’t starve yourself: It may be tempting to starve yourself as a method for weight-loss.
- The body produces a hormone called leptin. This hormone will start storing fat if it senses the body is in starvation mode.
Eat foods that make your body burn more energy to digest the food than is contained in the actual food.
- This is called the negative calorie effect.
- Apples are a great example. Eat them before a main meal.
Drink water before having a meal not during. It keeps you feeling fuller and less likely to overindulge.
Go for proteins: proteins are associated with maintenance of muscle. Muscle burns more calories than fat.
- Metabolism slows down with the loss of muscle tissue. Protein will help repair and increase the muscle tissue.
Carbohydrates: to loose weight, you still need to consume carbs. The difference is, you now focus on low-glycemic index carbohydrates.
- Not all carbs are bad for you and not all carbs are good for you!
- Some leave you with what is called hypoglycemia. This is the lethargic feeling you get when you experience low-blood sugar.
- Foods with high glycemic index include sugars, white rice, wheat, rice cakes, instant products, carrots and peas.
- Foods with low-glycemic index foods include nuts, wild rice, sweet potatoes and fruits like peaches and plum.
Vision board: Create a vision board of where you want your body to be. The images will stay on your mind to help you stay focused on the things to do to loose weight and keep it off.
Body cleanse: Allow your body to detox and flush out toxins so you can maintain your weight.
- Lemon water in the morning is a great way to wake up your digestive system.
- Lemon is also a diuretic and works to flush out liquids that often add to water weight .