Body Cleanse – Detox Program - 21 Day Body Makeover
Heal Your Adrenals: Recovering From Adrenal Fatigue
Are you an adrenaline junkie? Are you stressed at work? Does life’s pace leave you exhausted? Do you feel like you can’t exist without caffeine? Are you failing to lose weight and gain muscle?
If you said “yes” to any of these, your stressed lifestyle may be creating a life filled with chronic inflammation and disease. Moreover, you likely have stressed adrenals due to the constant release of adrenaline. This leads to trouble sleeping, excess fat, lack of lean muscle, mood swings, and low energy. Without making lifestyle and dietary changes your adrenals are not able to recover leaving you with those unwanted symptoms for years.
Here are some tips to get you back on track by decreasing stress:
- Sleeping 8-9 hours a night. This allows your adrenals to rest making it the most important step.
- Eat meat. Cholesterol helps the adrenal glands create the right hormones. Including a variety of meats, eggs, and full-fat dairy is the best way to meet this need. In other words, vegan diets are not conducive to adrenal health and actually promote adrenal fatigue.
- Move. Walking, pilates, gyrotonics, tai chi, and burst training can all help reset your adrenals.
- Identify your triggers and eliminate them. Knowing where your stress is coming from and taking steps to eliminate or reduce this will help create balance within your body.
- De-stress. Find what works for you – exercise, meditation, or massage.
- Minimize. Learn to say NO to avoid overbooking and overworking yourself.
- Cut the drama. Take negative people out of your life who are draining and stressful.
- Eat regular meals. Skipping meals triggers a dip in blood sugar and the release of stress hormones, taxing the adrenals.
- Avoiding caffeine or other stimulants. These release adrenaline, thus creating more stress.
- Avoid overeating simple carbohydrates. These breakdown into sugar, causing a release of adrenaline. Note, whole grains cause as many problems as refined grains with blood sugar.
- Avoid junk food. You need nutrient dense, nourishing food to heal the adrenals.
- Eating five to six servings of vegetables each day. You need the nutrients from veggies to heal the adrenal glands. To get the most from your veggies the tough cell wall must be broken down so be sure they are cooked.
- Take targeted supplements. Zinc, selenium, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C can help nourish the adrenal glands, promoting their health.
- Detox. Using infrared saunas and www.21daybodymakeover.com. The 21 day body make over program comes with exercise videos that can help reset your adrenals.
- Enjoy some butter. Eating organic raw pasture butter which is high in adrenal nourishing conjugated linoleic acid (CLA).
- Recovery Time
Depending on how severe your adrenal fatigue is, determine how long it will take your body to heal. If you take your treatment plan seriously, recovery times will vary:
Stage 1: Minor adrenal fatigue 3 to 6 months
Stage 2: Moderate adrenal fatigue 12 to 18 months
Stage 3: Severe adrenal fatigue 24 months