Body Cleanse – Detox Program - 21 Day Body Makeover
Benefits of Alfalfa
The roots of the alfalfa plant (Medicago sativa) shoot down up to 30 feet into the ground, digging up minerals that are not found on the surface. For this reason, the Arabic word Alfalfa means “father of all foods.”
Alfalfa is loaded with vitamins, minerals and nutrients including:
- Vitamin A: This vitamin supports night vision, builds up resistance to infections, promotes growth and is important for healthy skin. It is essential during pregnancy.
- Vitamin B6: Vitamin B6 helps with digestion, protein and fat metabolism and promotes nerve and skin health. It also helps reduce nausea.
- Vitamin K: This vitamin is necessary for blood clotting and is important to optimal liver function. It may even contribute to vitality and longevity.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D is necessary in order to regulate calcium and phosphorus in the body, and helps to form strong teeth and bones.
- Calcium: Calcium builds strong bones and teeth, assists in blood clotting, helps with endurance, relaxes nerves and regulates heart rhythm.Fact: Alfalfa is also high in protein and contains 18.9% compared to beef, which contains 16.5%, eggs 13% and milk 3.3%
Review of Recent Literature
A review of recent literature regarding the efficacy of alfalfa to treat a number of conditions has turned up favorable results. Some of the noted medicinal qualities are:
- Blood and liver purification
- Reducing arthritis pain
- Alkalizing the body
- Promoting healthy digestion and elimination